My daughter bought a brand-new bear spray holster for her dad after the last can slipped out of a neoprene sheath, hit a rock, punctured, and covered him in a miserable, pepper-laden mist while stuck on a rock face on a short scramble.
Strike one for the neoprene sheath not doing its job. Strike two for the stitching on the second holster with a Velcro flap that came unstitched on the first trip.
Gear quality can be an issue when your welfare is at risk. Do you know where your backcountry gear comes from? Do you ever have doubts about the quality? Did you know that almost half of the Brooks-Range gear is made is the USA, where being close to production allows for greater quality control?
What B-R products are made in the USA?
- UltraLite Alpini Shelter 200 & 400
- UltraLite Alpini Bivy Sack
- UltraLite Sleeping Bag Cover
- Field Organizer
- Snow Density Gauge 100 & 200
- Snow Crystal Card
- Snow Grid Card
- Slope Meter
- Scientist & Igloo Folding Snow Saws
- All of the Brooks-Range Map Tools
- All of the Brooks-Range Shovels
How important is quality backcountry gear to you?