Women Explorers: Brooks-Range Photo Contest
In celebration of Women’s History Month we would like to recognize women explorers who inspire us! This month we will be choosing two winners to receive a $100 gift certificate for the best photograph. Please include a comment or two on the story behind the photo and what inspired you to take it.
A preference will be given to images that portray the outdoor lifestyle. We look forward to following your adventures. Be safe!
One winner will be chosen on March 23rd and March 30th.
Terms and Conditions
- Post an image in any format to one of the following social networks: Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- For Facebook entries, find our Women Explorers Brooks-Range Photo Contest post and submit your photo as a comment to that post.
- For Instagram or Twitter users who have their account set to public, post your photo with the hashtag: #WomenExplorersBrooksRangePhotoContest
- You must have the consent of everyone visible in the image.
- The image needs to accurately reflect the subject matter and setting it is representing. Images that are heavily altered may be disqualified.
- The image must be of good taste and humor and suitable for all ages.
- Comments left on other contestant posts must be respectful.
- Multiple entries are accepted.
- Photos will continue to be judged right up to March 30th.
- By entering an image into this contest, you agree to all of these terms and conditions.
The focus of this contest is on women in celebration of Women’s History Month.
Image Property Rights
Brooks-Range reserves the following rights to all submitted images:
- To publish the image in any format on social media, website and printed media.
- To keep the image in our archives for future publications and public outreach.
- Use any personal information given to us to identify persons in the image and its location.
above photo credit: Valerie Zherlitsyna – Explorer at Bolaven Plateau in Laos